Monday, September 19, 2011

Another mixed day

Whilst my wife abandoned me for the day, I tried to overcome the lack of sleep (the back woke me at 4am this morning) by concentrating and failed miserably.

We have been trying to lay a concrete floor in our new 'kitchen'. This means Veronica acts as labourer and barrows in the sand and gravel and I do the artistic bit! This is a VERY slow process. I can manage about half an hour at a time and Ronnie is not much better. I removed the moulds from yesterdays pourings and am quite pleased with the resultant curve. Three sections to go.

Once that was done I cut a big bit of what I thought was walnut but am now convinced is Elm and made a big bowl. Its the nearest one in this pic. After that, I worried at my pierced form a bit more. Its getting there now but still not entirely happy with it.


All this AND feed us and the cats too. Its a tough old life init?

No comments:

Post a Comment