Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The joys of two pin bowling or an artistic statement by Herbert the Cat

I had just shown two of my tall turnings to a customer and put them carefully in the middle of a table. Berty took one look at them, took a good long run up and...........

STRIKE!!

........after taking a deep breath, I picked the pieces up off the floor and surveyed the damage. A few more splits in the edges and a snapped shaft or two. Ta Herb. He obviously thought they could be improved and wadya know, I think he was right. They are much shorter now but I prefer them. Perhaps the customers will now please buy them instead of passing them by!

Before of one and after of two!


The pale one had the shaft destroyed more or less so I added a piece of box that was going to be a candlestick!!

Its a bit galling when a cat has better design sense than the 'master' (ha! that'll be the day)

This is Herbert with two of the downstairs tenants.





No comments:

Post a Comment